DIY BODY CREAM
Natural shimmering body butter
Who knew a 100% natural, moisturizing and shimmering body butter would be so ridiculously easy to make? We didn’t until we decided to make our own and found out it can be made with only 3 ingredients : coconut oil, shea butter and almond oil. Yep, it's that simple.
We decided to add some tiny glitter in it, you know, just to give our bodies that mermaid glow for summer days.
Coconut oil is such an amazing ingredient and is the natural oil whose composition is the closest to our skin. Combine it with shea butter that helps your skin to recover after long days at the beach and then the almond oil to soften. This balm looks like whipped cream, is non-greasy and quickly absorbed by the skin. The result is the most perfect balm your body will ever ask for.
We promise you will be obsessed!
Natural shimmering body butter:
100 g shea butter
50 g coconut oil
1 teaspoon almond oil
1 ½ teaspoon natural glitter (can be found at organic beauty product store)
- Put the coconut oil and shea butter into a small saucepan and melt it into a « bain-marie ».
- Once oils are melted set aside and allow to cool down until it reaches room temperature.
- Add almond oil, stir and store in your fridge until it gets opaque and starts to solidify (it should takes around 1 hour).
- Once the oils get this consistency take the saucepan out of the fridge and add the glitter.
- Whip with an electronic beatter for 3 to 5 minutes or until it forms soft peaks and becomes thick, creamy and white (this is quite easy and the process is the same as beating egg whites).
- And guess what? You’re done! Store your body butter into a clean jar at room temperature and use within the month.
Content provided by Wild West Agency for Billabong Europe