The Summer 2017 Boardshort Guide
Ahh...it's finally here. Summertime. Time to shed those extra millimeters and hop straight into a pair of boardies. Whether they're for marathon sessions where stretch and comfort are key or for lazy days on the beach where all that matters is style, we've got you covered this season with over 30 new boardshort styles in a variety of colors and lengths. Check out some of our best bets below.
Creed McTaggart's boardshort of choice this summer features a classic tie dye strip down the sides of the boardshorts with a contrast back pocket for an extra hint of detail. These are part of our Platinum X line meaning they're designed for performance and have a few crucial features including quick drying fabric and new technology called Micro Repel Coating that keeps your boardshorts lighter and dryer longer.
- 19 inch outseam that will hit just above your knee
- PX3 Stretch material is some of the lightest and stretchiest boardshort fabric on the market
- Micro Repel Coating technology keeps these boardies lighter and dryer.
High-flying Brazilian Italo Ferreira will be wearing these beauties this summer and if you've seen Italo surf, you know that he needs boardies with some legit stretch (remember this?). The Fifty50's are a modern take on the classic boardshort with the colorblocked panels and scalloped hems but in modern colors and with modern technology infused.
- 20 inch outseam that will hit at your knee
- Performance fit meaning the seams have been minimized for enhanced stretch and performance
- 4 way stretch materials
3. Sundays X
Our Sundays boardshorts are three things above all - loud, fun and full of modern details. A straight hem finish and 19 inch outseam that will hit you just above the knee give plus color options that pop will keep you looking fresh all summer. You can catch Jack Freestone in these boardshorts this summer as he does battle with the rest of the World Tour.
- Part of the Platinum X line meaning these are geared for performance. PX3 stretch fabric is super stretchy and quick drying
- Micro Repel Coating technology on the exterior of the boardshorts keeps them lighter in the water so you won't get bogged down
- Performance fit with minimized seams for enhanced stretch and performance
Parko's go-to boardie for the last few years is looking as strong as ever with a full complement of poppy, neon-based colors and that 21 inch outseam for the guy who likes a little extra length to his boardies. The Fluid has been one of our best-sellers every season so make sure you get your hands on a pair before they're gone!
- 21 inch outseam that will hit just below your knee making these our longest Platinum X boardshorts
- Ergonomic paneling keeps these fitting comfortably even as you move in the water
The first Lo Tides boardshort to make the list is a special one - it is the limited edition Otis Carey x Billabong Gallery Collection Tribong with custom art done by team rider Otis Carey. Otis is an accomplished artist who creates modern interpretations of the Indigenous art that influences his life. Besides an incredibly unique design, these boardies are all about function with front hand pockets for your keys, wallet, cash, etc. and stretch materials in case you want to leave the sand for a quick shred.
- Part of the limited edition Billabong Gallery Collection and designed by Billabong athlete Otis Carey
- Front hand pockets on the seams make these some of our most functional boardshorts
- 18 inch outseam for a modern fit that will hit you above the knee
are a modern take on Billabong's first ever boardshort with a throwback scalloped hem and original designs mixed with updated fabrics and prints. Up-and-coming Australian Kai Hing has been cruising in these lately.
- 19 inch outseam for a fit that will hit above your knees, keeping with the retro style
- PX3 stretch fabric and Platinum X features make these super stretchy and quick drying
- Scalloped hem for throwback style
Looking for more boardshorts? Click here to see our full summer line.